Provide professional engineering support for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) planning and support for contractor supported sites and facilities and equipment within the designated strategic (fixed), tactical and mobile facilities.
Advise and provide guidance to consulting engineers and field engineers (installers) involving all aspects of HVAC facilities design, construction, operation and maintenance or repair.Review reports and studies to identify deficiencies and participate in the planning of construction/redesign programs. Utilize appropriate software and hardware tools to track load changes or other parameters of design, construction, operation and maintenance and repair.
Establish energy and heat load budgets with the objective of identifying present deficiencies, anticipating future requirements and estimating factors to be included in construction planning.
Evaluate and recommend methods of load control to reduce utility demand and costs. Assigned the tasks of generating conceptual design and preliminary design document. Responsible for preparing design documents that include specification, final construction and HVAC layout design.
- I have successfully delivered over 60 projects from inception to final handover. A few of the large scale projects include: Sovereign Hotel, Samsung Engineering Academy & Technical Samsung University Training Centre, Nakumatt Head Offices, Cisco Systems, Total Kenya Head Offices at Regal Plaza, Sondo Miriu Hydropower Plant, Ericsson Kenya Head Office and Khetia Residences in Kitale.
- Provided guidance, direction, and assistance to technicians working in related discipline. Maintain technical liaison and communication with on-site technicians and support during installation, commissioning and pre-startup inspection.
- Able to perform all duties to ensure timely, courteous and quality support to all field engineers or other customers/affiliates of Crossflow Air-conditioning and Technical Services Ltd.
- Currently handling large scale projects such as: Cooperative Bank, Rongo Branch.
- I supervise 16 individuals and participate in design reviews with the customer, presenting technical problems and solutions. Design work includes engineering change proposal scopes, as well as cost reduction proposals.
- Attended training on Samsung DVM-S Installations at Samsung Research & Development Center in Seoul, Korea in October 2013.
As the Technical Director I am responsible for preparing design concepts, site progress programs, cost estimates, economic analysis, plans and specifications, and all related project documentation for HVAC & R installation projects to be executed through tender or client awarded assignments.
I have been responsible for inspecting on-going installations at sites or existing facilities to identify deficiencies, recommend changes, ascertain compliance with plans and specifications, or for other designated purposes.
CROSSFLOW AIR-CONDITIONING AND TECHNICAL SERVICES LTD, Product: Samsung (S. Korea), LG, Daikin McQuay and Flaktwoods (UK, RSA)
Frm 2007 - Present